My Photo
Name:
Location: Arizona, United States

Monday, December 11, 2006

Starting again

This blog will be a combination of my personal and professional activities. Although I have a website, it contains only some photographs from 2 of my High School reunions at York, Nebraska, in 1998 and 2003. You can see it here

I recently completed coordinating a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Grant to provide a mobile wireless WiFi corridor along part of the CANAMEX highway between Tucson and Nogales, Arizona. You can read about it at the ATIC website

In October 2006 I went to Wash. DC, where we exhibited a National Science Foundation Project on Digital Visual Literacy (DVL). This is a project in which Mesa Community College (MCC) is partnering with Brown University to introduce DVL concepts into basic computer literacy courses at the community college level. You can get a flavor of what we are doing at this website

I am also directing the MCC participation in the Arizona Information Technology Skills Training Initiative, which is the result of a partnership between IBM, the Arizona Department of Commerce, Mesa Community College, Northland Pioneer College, and the United States Department of Labor. This involves the creation and delivery of 4 courses in Software Quality Assurance.

I am Vice Chair (and past Chair) of the Arizona Telecommunications and Information Council (ATIC) and a Director for the eLearning System for Arizona Teachers and Students Inc. (eSATS).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home